Life is a roller coaster ...
Saturday, March 15, 2014 @ 12:51 AM
Well, it 's been so long since I blogged!
Aiyo, whatever happened to the "I wanna blog once a week" me?
Lols. It's just life <and emotions> taking me over!
Anyways, my job transition is almost complete.
I had wanted to return to something more marketing related once my fc income was stable.
However, before that could come true, I did something that caused it to fail.
I told my manager about making it a part time.
From a sales viewpoint, even though I have sales coming in, it will never be more than a full time.
And so he gave me two choices in his desperation.
To return to him as a full time or quit altogether.
He was betting on the fact that I would not give up.
Since I have always told him how happy I felt when I helped people.
When I serviced them. Fact is, I was doing it like a charity.
I wasn't doing anything much like a salesperson should.
At the end of the day, I live and shall die as a marketer at heart.
So, after a almost 2 year journey and months of internal struggle, I decided to leave.
Besides, I was sick of his demands to meet and tries to change my mind that I dreaded any form of contact from him.
This journey has taught me much, albeit at a very high price.
However, this further proves the point of, never try, never know.
Therefore, I'm glad I tried but it's time to move on.
Am currently working in a marketing agency as their social media marketing executive.
The firm is pretty new but much for me to learn.
Now however, it's more of me setting up and guiding them what systems to set up.
Reason being, they are all guys. It's a all guy team and I guess i'm the most organized.
They however, each have their own skills and expertise and for that I am very glad hahas.
It is however, a little contradicting as what I do as a hobby becomes my job lols.
Mainly handling social media management like facebook, twitter etc.
I also provide branding consultation, like brand image brand name, logo design etc.
We also have our own in house designer which has a rather pleasant personality.
In comparison to outsourced design house designers which I have worked with before.
He is so much better in temperament and much more agreeable so to speak.
And the thing is in my job, I need to work very closely with him.
I guess the thing about an all guy's team is expectations.
Guys being guys, sometimes their behavior has to be compartmentalized. For example, when they do something I dislike, I ask myself if it was intentional or "a guy thing".
Like, when you ask a question as a shoutout and no one answers, like "Lunch?"
But after a few reminders they do reply le. And this kind of thing is a guy thing.
I would know, my guy friends (lesser) and my father and brother(almost always) are like that.
*insert (many) rolling eyes here* lols.
.
.
.
And, talking about eyes, I am nursing an eye infection now.
Monday went to polyclinic, got a 3 days mc.
Thursday went back to work, right eye still blur in vision.
Hence I went back to polyclinic early Fri Morn.
Consultation appointment was too late so I went to A&E.
Spent the whole day waiting. *ughhh* #feelingsounproductive
Anyways, after pupil dilation and all the dramatic tests...
My doctor found out that my eyes are in very bad condition.
Suspected to be caused by contact lens and bad environment.
It's been 3 weeks since I last wore contact lens though.
And it was diagnosed as dry, so I got eye gel, eye meds and lubricant to apply.
Got a 5 day MC till next Fri's cornea specialist appointment.
Have requested to work from home and company agreed. How understanding of them.
Not easy plus since I started work I have been clearing their past stuff.
So technically speaking I have not been performing at my own KPIs yet.
While clearing their past stuffs, I guess a person's character shows.
And perhaps also cause everyone is watching.
So though the boss has praised me on several occasions, I have much to note.
Well, you can never know what your boss / top salesman in company think right?
But no matter what, I will just preserve in being a true libra till the end.
It's all about balance. To me, balance is perfection.
Therefore, will be shifting my focus back to performing at my own KPIs.
While not neglecting to help my colleagues of course.
Afterall, to be as irreplaceable as possible, you have to prove yourself and earn a lot of debits.
If word results were debits and MCs were credits, im laggin behind already.
Though much at the start was due to adjusting to the work environment...
Since I am pretty much the only non smoker there.
Though these past months, I daresay much has been improved.
Office has bought 2 extra ionizers, I have my own humidifier and 2 personal ionizers.
I would say I have been doing my fair share to make sure I don't die that early.
Nor poison all my eggs before I can even lay one mini me hahahahahahas.
Don't laugh please you don't know how stressful it is, to work with a office full of
family men, majority neglecting family to OT.
And then you come home to a mom that reminds you she had you at 22, your brother at 25.
Im past that and I have yet to poop a mini me. lols.
Then again, different era too so can't really compare... right? X_X
Yet I can't help but feel anticipative towards work, family and life itself.
Hope these eye blues can blow over asap. And everything good will come by.
Work stability, awesome BTO location, preparations for future and more! :DD
Labels: birth, boss, character, children, company, eye infection, family, friends, libra, new job, overtime, productivity, start, stress, updates, work, work from home