Go or no go?
Sunday, July 21, 2013 @ 8:24 PM
Food. How many of you are happy when you eat?
Do you have your own benchmarks for food or taste & quality preferences?
And also a few choice places to enjoy good food?
People who know me knows I adore jap food.
I can literally eat it everyday.
I dare not say I'm an expert but I do have my standards.
Today went for a birthday brunch with a group of friends.
Let's call them A (birthday friend), B, C, D and E.
C & D was unable to turn up, leaving me, A, B & E.
E suggested sakae buffet, B told me over the phone.
I told B Sakae sucks and I recommended Sushi Express.
Soon after, A called and I told A we were eating at CityHall.
Then E called and decided we were going Sakae cause A is alright with it.
Who am I to refute what A is fine with and E is determined about?
I don't know if B did did not relay to E about what I said or what but still.
Anyways, going with the majority, I went to meet them at Sakae.
Knowing that the food is going to suck, fueled by E's equally sucky attitude over the phone.
On top of that, I was tummy-growling hungry & hungry raine=angry raine.
The whole meal was really a horrible experience for me.
Putting aside I was in a foul mood, the food really tried its best to suck.
Order menu was user unfriendly, the variety & quality was pathetic & the price, plain robbery.
I kept thinking about how different it would have been at sushi express.
Putting aside that per plate, its cheaper & tastier with more varieties & better atmosphere.
Oh wait but that covers everything alrdy. DAMN.
I can't say its been an awesome birthday meal for A either. How poor thing.
And E was saying like how come everyone is seated & eaten then comment on the food.
Hellos? First time eating Sakae? How could you not have known it sucks?
It is definitely not the issue that i can't pay but it's the value.
While I came back home after A left & 2.5extra hours doing nothing productive in town & saying bye to B at payalebar & E at Bedok, i did some self reflection in the shower.
Would things have been different if I would have stood my ground?
To say again that they should not have eaten there?
Or to eat and finish on my own before meeting them?
I am hungry but it is not like being hungry turns all my tastebuds numb and standards null.
I was still hungry due to their pathetic variety & it sucks to eat the same things over & again.
So now I'm at home blogging about my regrets, on a (you can say) empty stomach.
And there goes tens of dollars of 冤枉錢 in exchange for 不快樂s。
It's a small thing yes, a simple thing yes, but it definitely could have been handled better.
Oi, and that is what reflection is all about right.
Going through what you have done and thinking of ways to improve it.
Thinking about getting to the root of the issue of why you are REALLY unhappy.
And, to answer your doubt if you had it. No, i am NOT pms-ing.
Or maybe I was just feeling stressed about the fact that i should have been working
but the leisure appointment I chose to went for didn't even destress me or make me happy.
When you make a stand, conflict is bound to occur. So do you then make your stand or tolerate or ignore?
Thanks but no thanks, will not be stepping into another Sakae ever.
I do not believe in contributing in an overpriced place that has no intentions to self improve.
Either by customer service, food quality, food variety or even cashier standards.
Did you know? They CANNOT PRINT YOU YOUR BILL unless you paid.
Do I need the bill more before I pay so I can collect the money or AFTER?
HELLOS?????!!!! I rest my case. You draw your own conclusions ba.
And let me add on two points.
Point number one, the price we paid = 20 sushi express plates, they ate 11
Point number two, I was so upset I didn't even use the pro camera I bought ):
Okay, end of rant. X_X