Updates
Monday, October 8, 2012 @ 1:48 AM
Recently, a lot has taken place.
And I am so sorry for not updating.
What a lack of discipline and mood! Hahas!
Some Events:
1. My birthday; LegoLand Trip
2. My birthday; meetup dinners
3. My <Sporty> Weekends
4. My FT Work Updates
5. My PT Work Updates
A breif writeup on each, photos when I am less busy? (:
1. My Birthday, LegoLand Trip
Although it was a impromptu trip where the girls wanted to go and might as well make it my birthday since the date was near, it was something different from what we usually had hahas.
By the way, just so you know, Meng, you were missed.
Rides wise, they were prettyharmless but not so thrilli
ng as I preferred them to be. But hey it was meant for kids, so ya. Hahas.
Food wise, it was horrible. Expensive and awfully minimal selection. Tips? BRINGYOUROWNFOOD.
Lego structures wise, I would like to thank Ty for lending me his pro cam. I would have so much lesser to remeber for this trip if not for his camera that enabled me to take higher quality photos. Afterall, Lego makes the photos look pixelated! hahas!
Company wise, I just wish I did not have to worry about losing contact with the group as we are unable to call each other there as we had to switch off the roaming. And I do find myself rather isolated all the time. So just a tip, maybe if you are going, try to go in even numbers so everyone kind of has their own partners so separation would not be an issue, wouldnt have to be alert always or worrisome when going around the place.
Experience wise, one of our friend's sandals broke and was not allowed on the rides so you might want to wear an extra sturdy pair of footwear there as inside LegoLand nowhere is selling footwear...
To be more comfy after the wet rides you might want to bring extra clothes, or just wear quick dry or dry fit clothes hahas.
Transport wise, pick up was at Golden Mile at 7am (meetup time), 7,30am (coach departure time). Entering the Malaysia customs, we had to change buses and we waited for 15 minutes at least while looking out for that 2 particular coach number which wasn't pleasant at all given the stuffiness and crowd there. So if you can drive there, all the better. Hahas.
So, to summarize it all, it was a tiring and nice day. Can probably go somewhere near to utilize the trip in rather than going in for that only though.
Last but not least, would like to thank the 6 of them for sponsoring my trip in. Thanks to Bee, Lynn, Stanley, Joy, Cher, Loti.
2. My birthday dinners
Met up with JJ and Ron! The organizer was late and had to leave early to go clubbing! *tsk tsk*
But it was a dinner filled with bimbo-ticness, lots of eye rolling and mad laughter hahas. The dinner was disappointing but I was glad for the meetup as we got to catch up on a lot of things and it is just hard to find a lot of such close to the heart friends to talk to and know that even if contact isnt frequent, they would have your back, and we suffer each others' dumbness willingly LOLS! Thanks for the presents and company! Meet up again soon so I can stay sane better can? Hahas. ((:
3. My <Sporty> Weekend
Long after my Dodge Frisbee until fever and lose voice and muscle ache the whole week weekend, IAMBACK lols!
Went for badminton with Meng, Hao and Jx today. It was fun though tiring. Oh and all that workout hopefully helped towards burning my fats and fuelling up my long dead metabolism lols.
Most importantly, it would be nice to have a sport activity every weekend there and then so I dont become as lazy as I am now! Hahas! I wanna go for yoga class that is cheap and good and near my house (bedok)! Any suggestions you kind souls have will be very very welcome! :D
Before bed tonight, I shall be putting on all my health armour to minimize my damages and side effects of today tomorrow. Tomorrow is a Monday afterall. And the Oh Wise One Meng, please put sporty activities on Saturday kays? Lols.
4. FT Work Updates
One FC quit.
One more FC incoming.
My PT HR Assistant starting work tomorrow.
Let's all cross our fingers and hope everything goes well if not better from now on.
5. PT Work Updates
I am not sure how many of you know already.
It is stated on my Facebook and I have already called up a few of you to ask for the chance to practise for my job as a part time financial consultant.
For those that agreed to help me out and has already met up with me, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart.
For those that has agreed to meet with me and I have not met you, I promise you I will practise to the very best of my efforts.
For those that has rejected me, it is alright, afterall, even if we are friends there are no obligations to help me out on this, since this is a sensitive issue to people outside this industry or hasnt heard much of it, it is alright to be uncomfortable about it. But for your future sake I do hope you all can have someone who is not a friend to help you plan your finances if a friend-consultant relationship is not the type you are more comfortable with.
Now, what is financial planning all about. Please allow me to elaborate on that. Basically it is planning for your future, financially.
Say if you got hospitalized, where will the money come from? <Hospitals usually require a lump sum deposit from patients who got admitted and has no prior insurance for protection whatsoever.>
Say if you suddenly want some money to travel or a lump sum for your children's education, where will the money come from without depleting your life savings in the bank?
Say if you are nearing your retirement age, do you have enough savings to fund your expenses every month so you can enjoy and not endure life after you stop earning yet continue spending?
The answer to all these questions as in where the money will come from is by financial planning.
I am very new at this as I have just spent the better half of my year learning all the modules, product knowledge, consumer behaviour, laws and regulations and everything with regards to how to manage one's finances.
I can assure you that there is ALOT to learn hahas. So for now, my job is to meet people, find out their assets and liabilities, their dreams and goals for their future or their family and see how much is their shortfall towards achieving those goals.
I will then advise them what is the best way to go about saving for their goals and if they do not have enough assets to reach it now, at least start now and increase their protection or savings as they earn more throughout the years.
Financial planning basically is something that makes sense and the only difference lies in, who do you do it with or who do you choose to do it for you.
Obviously I am wishing I will be your chosen cause maybe you find me lovable (yes yes yea right lols) but then again as I am new at this, my most sincere assurance to you is, I will try my best and of course, feel free to offer me any feedback.
I am sure we both learn new knowledge from every meetup. That is why even though my friends may not buy anything, I am happy that they learn something and are better off versus not meeting me while I get an extra case study to better my practical skills at FP.
And for me, of course every catch up is an enjoyable thing as... I am a girl and I have to at least exhaust my 1,000 words a day quota you know? (;
Last but not least, thanks to everyone who played a part in my part time job. It is not easy holding 2 jobs at a go and all of these has really made me grow up a lot and connect even more realistically to how this world and human behaviour works.
Thankful and grateful for all the understanding that I have. And for all the harsh words that I have gotten, it just serves as a reminder for me to appreciate even more of those people who encouraged me and see me for who I still am and always will be rather than just the job that I hold, with a reputation tarnished by the black sheeps that are present in every industry.
Through this trade I hear many touching stories that I never fail to want to share with anybody and I do mean anybody. So if you only want to hear this stories for me, feel free to just contact me for catching up and sharing.
Finally I would just like to say that without a desktop or portable gadget like my Gtab that is spoilt or the new iPad that I am intending to purchase very soon in fact, typing on my bluetooth keyboard while being on blogger on my mobile is SUCHAPAIN, really. Cant wait to have the ease of updating again!
As for now, a thank you to you for reading this said-to-be-breif-update-but-turn-out-to-be-a-not-so-brief-update. . (: