BIM meeting the BIM
Monday, September 10, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
Before I get into my main topic, let me digress.
About my recent service disasters.
One about beauty services, one about food.
SERVICE DISPLEASURE 1 : Ichiban Boshi AMK HUB
Went there to meet up w KLLS Wifey, Zena.
Had a very nice chat. She had dinner at home prior so I ate first.
At Ichiban Boshi. Salmon Don. Predictable I know.
I specifically requested for no wasabi & chilli on my don.
My ordertaker aka my don server came to me with my don.
With WASABI & CHILLI on it. WTH$%^&*()#$%^&*()
Looked at him and he still give me blur look. 5 mins time difference lehs.
Got him to go change. I suspected they didnt change it but it tasted alright.
Until I tasted chilli again.
My guess is they did not change the rice. Change again.
Had to say I am allergic to chilli and wasabi this time round.
Don came back and started eating again.
Tasted chilli on the salmon this time round.
Chilli seeds in the rice also. WHAT IS GOING ON?
After a few changes of staff. Even the mgr was alerted and came over.
Politely I repeated the whole episode again.
I mean after a hard day at work I walk in expecting a nice dinner.
If not nice also a normal no hiccup dinner right?
And this is what I get. I am really disappointed.
He assures me that the kitchen really did change the dons.
I just shrug and shook my head, sighing. Really disappointing ehs.
Was really happy in between because I got to see Baby Lexi, she is so cute!
But she does have powerful lungs ehs. She doesn’t like to sit still.
So while waiting for me to eat and all time to time she was screaming her lungs out!
That made me all the more unhappy.
In the end I did not finish my food, called for bill…
Then the mgr walked over and said it’s on the house.
I just told him the chawanmushi was alright so he can charge me for that.
He just said it’s alright, I said thanks and went off with Zena & Baby Lexi.
But end of the day, disappointing is still disappointing you know. )):
At least his attitude was nice.
SERVICE DISPLEASURE 2 : CARRAGHEEN
Last time, I used to apply mascara to brighten up my eyes.
After that I appreciated my morning sleep more.
Plus it was harmful to my lashes if not properly removed.
Since then, I been applying eyeliner only.
Usually I lengthen my eye shape with it for work / nights out.
For days out / “sporty” events out I make my eye shape rounder.
Have always wanted to try lash extension.
So far anything fake I have applied to myself has been hair wise I realize.
When I curled my hair and when I extended it the last time.
So when XX happened to blog about this seemingly awesome place…
<link at the words “this seemingly awesome place”>
I thought “why not?”
Hence I called them and booked an appointment.
The day before they did send a SMS to confirm the appointment.
That was nice but my facial services had that too so yea.
Reaching there I was excited to see the place for myself.
Seeing how her blog made everything seem so nice.
It did look like the photos, just less of that WOW factor.
Or maybe because I kept comparing it to my facial services and all.
Filled up their form as it was my first time there.
They have this open consultation concept.
Meaning I sit by the reception table side and get my consultation.
What this “Chris” did was to recite to me the differences between the lashes.
One was stuck on in bundles and one by individual strands.

Bundles as in they stick it on in bundles.
Overall will be thicker, heavier and more noticeable.

Lash by lash as in they stick it on individually.
Overall will be lighter, more natural and less obvious.
THERE. That’s all she said.
And the pricing of course. Cheapest of Bundles, $59.
Cheapest of Lash by lash, $105.
I was aiming to do it for a roadshow so I decided to try the bundle one.
As it will be more noticeable and $59 should be reasonable for a try.
With that decision made, I was led upstairs.
Left alone for sometime before “Chris” came back.
To let me know that someone else will be doing the extension for me.
Veira came in and started doing.
Now that I think of it it’s like a pig being led for slaughter. X_X
She removed my eye makeup, taped up my lids and started gluing.
The glue sure was stinging like hell.
Started tearing and was surprised why nothing was leaking.
Took me awhile to realize the tape was holding it all in.
Anyways she said it was normal so I took it all in.
Until when it was finished my eyes were dying.
She removed the tape and I swear my face was wet can.
That’s how uncomfy it was. So i asked her.
”Is it always like that?” Following is her reply and I quote WORD FOR WORD.
”你不知道mehs? 做这个的每次都很像被我们欺负的!又流眼泪眼睛红红的。”
<”You dk? Choosing this is like being bullied by us, ends up with lots of tears and red eyes.”>
Which part of “First Time” and “Consultation” do they not understand?
They did not mention anything about how it will feel.
Just the bare properties and now I am stuck with this.
Ended on the note that if I am still uncomfy the next day, I will get it removed.
Some photos I took the day after I reached home.
The tearing was all on and off. Effects of the super glue.

Side view.

Front view.

View from below.
It feels tight as the glue has yet to settle fully.
It feels heavy as there were really alot of lashes added.
Worse thing, the whole thing is HARD, like bloody hard.
Feels real painful to touch it also.
Benefit of doubt that it will all be better tomorrow…
I went to sleep.
And woke NOT BEING ABLE TO OPEN MY EYELIDS.
Had to rest back and keep trying.
Turns out the glue got onto my bottom lid or something.
Called them and made a trip down to remove it.
On a work day. Before my roadshow. NICE.
The whole removing took almost 45 mins to an hour.
Wanted to talk to their supervisor but she wasn’t around.
To cut things short, it took me another 4 days to reach the supervisor.
And another 2 days before the “boss” got back to me.
Almost cried from anger from the phone zzz.
Plus was still tired after the roadshow lahs.
I am normally alright but when it comes to fighting for my rights…
I DON’T BACK DOWN AT ALL.
Cause the supervisor offered me 10% discount for liking their FB page or what.
You kidding me? It was never about the price, it’s the value.
That’s the measurement for service what isn’t it.
I started thinking if they treated normal people differently from celebrity bloggers.
They are like sales people, just recite product properties.
Consultations are supposed to be catered for the person in question.
Their preference, what is suitable for them isn’t it.
So disappointed.
End conclusion, I am to go back and get a new consultation by Cherlyn the manager.
Then I requested for Veira to do the extension again.
Cherlyn says I am not entitled to further discounts because then Veira’s commission will be affected because by right it is Chris who is supposed to do the service recovery and “suffer” the loss.
Is this to be my concern? And do you think I would dare to let her touch me again?
Cherlyn’s viewpoint is that why would they want to make an angry customer angrier?
And her final offer was to “refund” vouchers.
And they don’t have any outlets. So I can only spend it there.
And to get the lash by lash extension I have to top up $35.
Their service recovery is just to give me $10 in voucher value. ZZZ.
So I went and the consultation took 3 times as long.
Now tell me again what was Chris doing the first time round?
And even Viera elaborated more this time round.
Like what kind of lash I am getting, what’s the lash count and what’s better for me.
This time the glue still stings but since the process requires much less glue; bearable….
The end product was not bad ba but maintenance is a bitch definitely.
Decision still pending whether to touch up or just remove.
But for one thing, their service is horrible.
Just thinking everything on their behalf. FAIL.
Photos on the new revised lash.
<Past: Princess Natural>
Current: L Curve, 60 lashes

Side View.

Front View.

Close Up Front View.
And yes, I wore clear lenses so I wouldn’t look too over hahas.

Bottom View.
But one thing I do not like is that the real lashes can be seen.
From the side view. Not as obvious as the fake lashes but still…
In any case this means lash extension will work real good for people with short lashes.
Not so much for those looking for fuss free big eye look with average length lashes.
My lash length and count is fine actually, just not that perky on their own.
Erms but only Indians or Malays have natural curly lashes ba hahas.
These past few days has been very troublesome.
Have to make sure I don’t wet the lashes or else the glue will irritate my eye.
Wake up have to see the lashes are not disturbed etc.
Annoying ehs. But it sure is nice to wake up with perky bright eyes…
Lols. All in the name for trying out something new and beauty hahas.
Anyways, second day after lash extension, met up with JJ FINALLY!
.
.
.
BIM meeting the BIM
Met up with her at Bedok Point.
Wished I had my voice at full strength though.
Could have had much hearty laughs! Hahas!
Camwhoring in the toilet before we left!~

She looks really stressed!
Breakout yo! Thanks goodness for filters! Hahas!


Supposed to act surprised.

Sneakily trying to make my face smaller…

I BITE! Hahas! My fav photo!
As per usual bim-ness, she says she doesn’t know! Hahas!

Ya, Wo Bian Bian Bian.
Was playing around with my hair hahas.

Supposed to yawn but how to yawn chio-ly de?
I dont know so I went for the “Already Asleep” pose!
Hees! But it doesn’t make sense cause I am the one holding the camera LOLS.

Bonkers Alert! She’s smiling to herself in the mirror! Lols!
While waiting for our turn in NTUC’s Q!
Anytime is a good time to snap snap snap!
Despite having not much voice, meetups leave me all nice and fuzzy!
((: