JobStreet Career Fair 28-29 July
Saturday, August 4, 2012 @ 2:47 AM
Day One!
Headless fly into the scene. Hahas.

Received this card at the entrance!
Wanted to participate! Hahas.
Zone 2 (Make-me-over) and Zone 3’s Tarot Reading interested me!

Prizes to be won! Not for me, since 2 zones have to be explored daily! ):

Despite these pens being freebies for giving out, it is NICE to write!
And need I mention that they look presentable? Lols.
They come in orange, white and green.
But imho, orange ones are the nicest! (PA colour is orange anyways…)

Day One’s Attire!
Very black and rather formal.
Dress Code is to wear blazer actually but it is not very practical for roadshow?
Hmmms.

To facilitate between “scouting” & “recruiting” duties, my exhibitor status is discreet.
Very discreet indeed, hahas.
.
.
.
And on my Day One, Meng & Meng sis, MHJJ visited me!
Brightened my day, it did! Thanks!
We walked around the career fair together and…
Arranged to meet after my “work” for our camwhoring obligations lols!

Basically, camwhoring is a number game!
We usually get many shots until we filter and find some we are pleased with!

See? Got QC de kays! Hahas.
Now, some of the nicer ones! Hee.

Me & MHJJ!

Meng & me!
Must always take the angle that the face wouldn’t look as big lols.

Me & MHJJ with the “Overly Attached Girlfriend” Look!
Youtube “Your Overly Attached Girlfriend” for more clues! Hahas.
The drink that was on “You want just take” promotion during the fair!
Being the darling I am <insert puke here>, I got for them two too!
.
.
.
Day Two!
Not that headless already.
And I came later from experience since Sundays are family breakfast days!
The second day was for Singaporeans and PR only.
Tbh, you can’t imagine how many foreigners take social passes to come.
They enter career fairs, look for a job here in wishes of getting employment passes.
The ratio of S’poreans-PR versus Foreigners is really SCARY.

Attire for the second day!
Wanted something bright inside so went with a casual bright pink top.
Paired it with long black dress to avoid looking too underdressed.

As I said, Sundays are slow.
So I went to fulfil my very mini wishes!
Q-ed for make over where they accept only 20pax per hour.

After the make over, they will direct you over for the free photo shoot!
Meant to be resume photo but if you wear formal, it can be anything!
Passport photo, namecard photo, resume photo, you name it!
P.S. The lighting they had was really good and my beautician was nice. (:
And so it happens, I forgot to pack my wallet and had to starve till dinner.
Cause was meeting mgrB for dinner at MOF to talk some stuffs out.
Was a productive dinner definitely. Since there was improvements with mgrA.

Shared a Salmon Sashimi.

Nothing like a salmon bento to perk-me-up!
.
.
.
At the end of the second day was dying!
But smart me having prior roadshow experience brought flats for change!
Oh, cause I wore heels for second day to yea, look more formal hahas.
And I actually shuttled back to office to place my post roadshow stuffs.
Hence the fatigue in travelling her and there as well.
My conclusion of the whole event?
It would be nice to have some company though less freedom.
The crowd there were mainly foreigners, if not, reluctant Singaporeans.
For me, it means there is a long way from educating them about what it is all about.
Sales is a long term thing, if they want it to come eventually, they would know.
Investing in marketing efforts is definitely a better way to get positive responses.
Though I will disclaim, it is a long line, big fish concept of reaching out hahas.
Given a choice, I wouldn’t mind having another one of this roadshows BUT.
I want to have more time to prepare for it so minus the unnecessary stress.
Plus this time round, I would better know what to expect hahas.
.
.
.
Reaching home, so qiao!
Mummy bought masks for me!
I also think I would need them desperately hahas.

A very good mixture, there is. Hahas.

But I also must come to terms with my love for beauty and the night.
Afterall, I am not blessed with inhumanly mesmerizing genes like vampires.
Much as I love love love (you get the many many love) to adopt their night lifestyle…
#_#